It’s going to be real short one this week, and I believe it is a real insight into selling that most people ignore. We all know that trying to sell one-on-one to another person can be pretty stressful at times. You really want to give yourself the best opportunity to make sure you get the sale. So why on Earth would you ask questions that may jeopardise that outcome? Well there are questions that many people are simply too afraid to ask but will really reveal the truth about how the “opportunity” is going. They are:
- Who else is selling to you?
- What priorities are higher than the problem we’re addressing here?
- If you had to make a decision today, who would you choose?
- What might prevent you from doing business with me and my company?
- Do I have an equal chance of winning your business?
- If you don’t make a final decision by the date you mentioned, what will happen?
These questions not only will get to the truth of what is going on in your sales meeting but will more than likely open up the real answers that you need to understand to be able to sell to them. If you don’t have the desire or courage to get to the truth from your prospective customer then you will struggle to sell, not only in that meeting, but it will hinder your ability to learn and grow as a sales person and thereby effect the rest of your career.
I hope that maybe helps you think a little differently in your next sales meeting.
We would love to welcome you to experience our Sales BluPrint Workshop. A morning stacked full of sales know how, plenty of breakfast goodies and the perfect chance to build your network.